Installing a Hampton Bay ceiling fan. Steps:
1) Turn off the power & remove the existing lighting fixture or a ceiling fan.
2) Use a tester and make sure there is no electricity before you handle the wires.
3) Tightly install the fan mounting bracket and make sure it is firm.
4) Now hang the ceiling fan on the mounting bracket & connect the wires according to the manual. The 3 wires coming from the ceiling should match the ones on your ceiling fan. Black means positive, white is neutral & it is green for grounding.
5) Now attach the fan blades and the lighting fixture firmly to the base.
6) turn on electricity and make sure it’s working properly.